Tips for Success
Like any tool you use, it is only as good as the user. Make sure you optimize your experience and chances at getting interviewed and hired. We have six tips to help you be successful:
- Fill out your profile on the Matching Engine fully.
- For each application, customize your resume – do NOT use the basic resume.
- Include a link to your LinkedIn profile; many recruiters will look you up before making a decision on calling you in for an interview.
- Complete your LinkedIn profile fully; when you submit your application, recruiters might reference your profile to make their decision on whether or not you would be their ideal candidate. Be sure to add “Cisco Networking Academy” to your Education section.
- If you can spare 8 hours, we encourage you to take our Career Preparation Workshop. It will help you dive deeper into becoming more job-ready and has a lot of valuable advice.
- Watch a webinar that dives into using the tool and offers detailed advice, look below for the link to the Connecting to Jobs Webinar.